VP Joe Biden says the US is cooperating with the Turkish authorities but the extradition process may take time
- 25 November, 2015 Biden calls for greater cooperation at Europe's borders US Vice President Joe Biden called at a Western Balkans summit Wednesday for greater cooperation at European borders to deal with the flow of migrants and to fight terrorist threats. Biden's attendance at the meeting of presidents in Zagreb was seen as highlighting Washington's renewed […]
- 13 January, 2014 Biden voices hope for Kerry’s Mideast efforts JERUSALEM (AP) — U.S. Vice President Joe Biden on Monday tried to give a boost to the flagging Mideast peace process, saying he believes Israel and a future Palestine could become an "island of stability" in a turbulent region and expressing hope that leaders would make the […]
- 13 August, 2016 Turkish PM: No compromise with US over Gulen extradition As US Secretary of State John Kerry and Vice President Joe Biden travel to Turkey to try and improve relations with the Muslim NATO-member country, Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim says that the US must extradite Islamic cleric Fethullah Gulen; T...
- 5 December, 2015 Turkish authorities arrest Israeli suspected of organ trafficking Boris Wolfman, who was indicted in Israel but managed to flee the country, was caught at Istanbul airport; he is expected to be extradited to Israel.Powered by WPeMatico
- 28 April, 2016 Biden presses Iraq to not let political chaos upend gains BAGHDAD (AP) — Vice President Joe Biden pressed Iraq on Thursday not to let its crippling political crisis upend hard-fought gains against the Islamic State group as he returned to the country that's come to symbolize America's relentless struggles in the Middle East.Powered by WPeMatico