Government ministers are speaking to Muslim leaders about conforming to the French secular system.
- 29 August, 2016 French minister summons Muslim leaders to bridge gaps France to set up educational projects to reach out to young Muslims and build mosques with French speaking preachers.
- 30 March, 2016 French minister shocks with Muslim veil-slavery comment Outrage as women's rights minister says those wearing Muslim headdress are like "Negroes" who accepted slavery.Powered by WPeMatico
- 24 August, 2016 France warns of Muslim stigmatisation amid Burkini ban French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve says a ban on the burkini swimsuit must not lead to 'stigmatisation'.
- 26 August, 2016 PM intervenes in Shabbat-construction brouhaha Haredi ministers and MKs opposed to construction and repairs of the national train system claim that work on Shabbat is a violation of the status quo and threaten to quit the coalition, effectively bringing down the government; PM Netanyahu is forced to intervene, and a result the work […]
- 17 August, 2016 French 'burkini' ban: secularism or security? Tensions are high on the island of Corsica as more French towns issue bans on the so-called burkini.