India extends a strict curfew over the restive region as separatist leaders call for more protests.
- 15 August, 2016 Deaths in Kashmir clashes on Indian Independence Day Several people killed and wounded in separate clashes between protesters and security forces in disputed region.
- 13 September, 2016 Kashmir unrest: Two more protesters killed by police Death of two protesters brings death toll to 82, as security lockdown marred Eid festivities in the disputed region.
- 15 April, 2016 Hundreds of Egyptians stage anti-Sisi protest Demonstrators call for "overthrow" of Sisi government as anger spreads for first time since general's rise to power.Powered by WPeMatico
- 9 October, 2015 Web extra: Shashi Tharoor on Kashmir The leading Indian politician says Kashmir not 'fundamental problem in [the] India and Pakistan relationship'.Powered by WPeMatico
- 15 February, 2016 India students fear crackdown after union leader arrest Al Jazeera speaks to protesters at Delhi's Jawaharlal Nehru University after student's arrest over "anti-India" slogans.Powered by WPeMatico