India extends a strict curfew over the restive region as separatist leaders call for more protests.
- 15 August, 2016 Deaths in Kashmir clashes on Indian Independence Day Several people killed and wounded in separate clashes between protesters and security forces in disputed region.
- 13 September, 2016 Kashmir unrest: Two more protesters killed by police Death of two protesters brings death toll to 82, as security lockdown marred Eid festivities in the disputed region.
- 15 April, 2016 Hundreds of Egyptians stage anti-Sisi protest Demonstrators call for "overthrow" of Sisi government as anger spreads for first time since general's rise to power.Powered by WPeMatico
- 10 April, 2017 Indian army says 4 suspected rebels killed in Kashmir SRINAGAR, India (AP) — Four suspected rebels were killed in fighting with the Indian army in Kashmir, as businesses and schools shut in the disputed region on Monday in response to a separatists' call to protest the killing of eight civilians by government forces during a weekend […]
- 9 October, 2015 Web extra: Shashi Tharoor on Kashmir The leading Indian politician says Kashmir not 'fundamental problem in [the] India and Pakistan relationship'.Powered by WPeMatico