Philippine president lashes out at the UN for criticising his anti-crime campaign and reported extra-judicial killings.
- 10 May, 2016 Philippines elections: Rodrigo Duterte tipped to win Unofficial tally shows Rodrigo Duterte poised to become president after campaign dominated by pledge to kill criminals.Powered by WPeMatico
- 25 August, 2016 Philippines: Death toll in Duterte's war on drugs Police chief says 1,900 people killed in the anti- drug war halfway through the president's first 100 days in office.
- 5 July, 2016 Dozens killed in first four days of Duterte's drug war At least 45 dead after new Philippines president pledged major operation against drugs and criminality.
- 30 July, 2017 Philippine mayor linked to drugs, 14 others killed in raids ZAMBOANGA, Philippines (AP) — Police in the southern Philippines said they fatally shot 15 people Sunday, including a city mayor who was among the politicians President Rodrigo Duterte publicly linked to illegal drugs, in the bloodiest assault so far in Duterte's anti-drug crackdown.
- 26 March, 2018 Drug lords use rights groups as 'tools' to discredit Philippine leader: spokesman Some rights groups may have become "unwitting tools" of drug lords in the Philippines to undermine the president, his spokesman said on Monday, a statement that Human Rights Watch said was "shameful" and risked provoking violence. Rights groups have d...