Philippine president lashes out at the UN for criticising his anti-crime campaign and reported extra-judicial killings.
- 10 May, 2016 Philippines elections: Rodrigo Duterte tipped to win Unofficial tally shows Rodrigo Duterte poised to become president after campaign dominated by pledge to kill criminals.Powered by WPeMatico
- 30 July, 2017 Philippine mayor linked to drugs, 14 others killed in raids ZAMBOANGA, Philippines (AP) — Police in the southern Philippines said they fatally shot 15 people Sunday, including a city mayor who was among the politicians President Rodrigo Duterte publicly linked to illegal drugs, in the bloodiest assault so far in Duterte's anti-drug crackdown.
- 25 August, 2016 Philippines: Death toll in Duterte's war on drugs Police chief says 1,900 people killed in the anti- drug war halfway through the president's first 100 days in office.
- 5 July, 2016 Dozens killed in first four days of Duterte's drug war At least 45 dead after new Philippines president pledged major operation against drugs and criminality.
- 8 May, 2017 Philippines drug war under fire at UN rights council The Philippines came under global pressure Monday over its deadly drug war, facing calls for action following an alleged wave of extrajudicial killings. Diplomats from all continents raised concern over the surge in deaths during President Rodrigo Dut...