Philippine president lashes out at the UN for criticising his anti-crime campaign and reported extra-judicial killings.
- 10 May, 2016 Philippines elections: Rodrigo Duterte tipped to win Unofficial tally shows Rodrigo Duterte poised to become president after campaign dominated by pledge to kill criminals.Powered by WPeMatico
- 2 March, 2017 Rights groups says Philippine police has falsified evidence MANILA, Philippines (AP) — A human rights watchdog on Thursday accused the police in the Philippines of falsifying evidence to justify unlawful killings in the government's war on drugs that has caused more than 7,000 deaths, and pointed the finger at President Rodrigo Duterte as […]
- 23 February, 2017 Philippines to defend Duterte's drug war at U.N. rights body The Philippine foreign minister on Thursday said he would tell a United Nations rights body that the killings in President Rodrigo Duterte's war on drugs were not state-sponsored. More than 7,700 people have been killed since Duterte unleashed the dru...
- 25 August, 2016 Philippines: Death toll in Duterte's war on drugs Police chief says 1,900 people killed in the anti- drug war halfway through the president's first 100 days in office.
- 5 July, 2016 Dozens killed in first four days of Duterte's drug war At least 45 dead after new Philippines president pledged major operation against drugs and criminality.