The iconic uniform is updated “to better reflect the diversity” in Canada and boost recruitment of Muslim women.
- 20 December, 2012 Canada rules on wearing religious veil in court Supreme Court weighs in on religious freedom versus right to fair trial when female Muslim witness asks to wear niqab in court
- 24 February, 2016 Satire as wearing hijab is labelled 'passive terrorism' Social media mocks US military research paper suggesting veil is linked to extremism following report.Powered by WPeMatico
- 15 January, 2016 'Conflicting' US holidays reflect struggle with racism Civil rights icon and Confederate general are being celebrated on the same day, signaling lingering effects of slavery.Powered by WPeMatico
- 16 November, 2015 Canada sticks to refugee plan but security pressures mount after Paris attacks “We will be accepting 25,000 Syrian refugees between now and January 1st," Trudeau said in the written text of a speech at the G20 major powers summit in Turkey. The debate has been particularly heated in the mainly French-speaking province of […]
- 9 August, 2016 France cancels 'burkini pool day' over outrage Private event for Muslim women wearing full-body swimsuits cancelled 'to preserve public order'.