The iconic uniform is updated “to better reflect the diversity” in Canada and boost recruitment of Muslim women.
- 24 February, 2016 Satire as wearing hijab is labelled 'passive terrorism' Social media mocks US military research paper suggesting veil is linked to extremism following report.Powered by WPeMatico
- 9 August, 2016 France cancels 'burkini pool day' over outrage Private event for Muslim women wearing full-body swimsuits cancelled 'to preserve public order'.
- 27 April, 2016 Bulgarian town bans women from wearing full-face veils Local government of Pazardzhik adopts measure to fine those from the Muslim minority who defy the ban.Powered by WPeMatico
- 30 March, 2016 French minister shocks with Muslim veil-slavery comment Outrage as women's rights minister says those wearing Muslim headdress are like "Negroes" who accepted slavery.Powered by WPeMatico
- 15 January, 2016 'Conflicting' US holidays reflect struggle with racism Civil rights icon and Confederate general are being celebrated on the same day, signaling lingering effects of slavery.Powered by WPeMatico