Philippine president says many of the Filipino drug addicts are “no longer viable as human beings”.
- 30 June, 2016 New Philippine President Duterte vows deadly crime war Authoritarian firebrand Rodrigo Duterte was sworn in as the Philippines' president Thursday -- and quickly launched a foul-mouthed vow to wipe out drug traffickers and even urged ordinary Filipinos to kill addicts. Duterte, a lawyer who earned a reputation as an authoritarian figure as […]
- 12 August, 2016 Is Vladimir Putin a dictator? We speak to Putin critic Garry Kasparov, and ask the Philippine president's spokesman about the country's "war on drugs"
- 25 August, 2016 Philippines: Death toll in Duterte's war on drugs Police chief says 1,900 people killed in the anti- drug war halfway through the president's first 100 days in office.
- 21 August, 2016 Can Rodrigo Duterte win the war on illegal drugs? Philippine president lashes out at the UN for criticising his anti-crime campaign and reported extra-judicial killings.
- 5 July, 2016 Dozens killed in first four days of Duterte's drug war At least 45 dead after new Philippines president pledged major operation against drugs and criminality.