Philippine president says many of the Filipino drug addicts are “no longer viable as human beings”.
- 12 August, 2016 Is Vladimir Putin a dictator? We speak to Putin critic Garry Kasparov, and ask the Philippine president's spokesman about the country's "war on drugs"
- 2 April, 2017 Filipino youth stage musical against Duterte's deadly drugs war By Ronn Bautista and Neil Jerome Morales MANILA (Reuters) - A Philippine youth theater club staged a musical at a Manila park on Sunday, challenging President Rodrigo Duterte's bloody war on drugs. "The play talks about the problem in the community w...
- 30 June, 2016 New Philippine President Duterte vows deadly crime war Authoritarian firebrand Rodrigo Duterte was sworn in as the Philippines' president Thursday -- and quickly launched a foul-mouthed vow to wipe out drug traffickers and even urged ordinary Filipinos to kill addicts. Duterte, a lawyer who earned a reputation as an authoritarian figure as […]
- 2 March, 2017 Philippines demands proof for rights group's assertion of police 'executions' The Philippines on Thursday dismissed as "thoughtless and irresponsible" a report by Human Rights Watch that President Rodrigo Duterte had turned a blind eye to murders by police in what the group called a "campaign of extrajudicial execution". Dutert...
- 25 August, 2016 Philippines: Death toll in Duterte's war on drugs Police chief says 1,900 people killed in the anti- drug war halfway through the president's first 100 days in office.