French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve says a ban on the burkini swimsuit must not lead to ‘stigmatisation’.
- 16 February, 2016 France extends state of emergency until late May Parliament votes for extension as interior minister warns "terrorist" threat is high after attacks last year in Paris.Powered by WPeMatico
- 15 November, 2015 Paris attacks: an international joint venture in violence By John Irish PARIS (Reuters) - Early leads in the investigation into the deadly Paris attacks point to the likelihood of a team led by French nationals, based in Belgium, and which may have used a refugee route from Syria via Greece to link up for their killing spree. Details are only […]
- 9 August, 2016 France cancels 'burkini pool day' over outrage Private event for Muslim women wearing full-body swimsuits cancelled 'to preserve public order'.
- 12 August, 2016 Rights group to take action after Cannes burkini ban Rights group to oppose prohibition in courts after Cannes imposes ban on full-body swimsuits worn by some Muslim women.
- 11 September, 2016 French Prime Minister warns of 'new attacks' Manuel Valls warns of new attacks in France, but says Sarkozy's proposal to systematically detain all suspects is wrong.