French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve says a ban on the burkini swimsuit must not lead to ‘stigmatisation’.
- 16 February, 2016 France extends state of emergency until late May Parliament votes for extension as interior minister warns "terrorist" threat is high after attacks last year in Paris.Powered by WPeMatico
- 15 November, 2015 Paris attacks: an international joint venture in violence By John Irish PARIS (Reuters) - Early leads in the investigation into the deadly Paris attacks point to the likelihood of a team led by French nationals, based in Belgium, and which may have used a refugee route from Syria via Greece to link up for their killing spree. Details are only […]
- 4 March, 2016 France won’t open border to migrants in case of Brexit: minister France's interior minister on Friday sought to defuse a row over the fate of migrants in Calais should Britain leave the EU, saying there was "no question" of letting them freely cross the Channel. The British, who run their own border, will block them and send them back," Bernard […]
- 9 August, 2016 France cancels 'burkini pool day' over outrage Private event for Muslim women wearing full-body swimsuits cancelled 'to preserve public order'.
- 12 August, 2016 Rights group to take action after Cannes burkini ban Rights group to oppose prohibition in courts after Cannes imposes ban on full-body swimsuits worn by some Muslim women.