Five years after Japan’s Fukushima nuclear disaster many residents are still living in a radioactive nightmare.
- 24 February, 2017 Japan Urges Fukushima Residents To Return To Nuclear Site The government will lift the evacuation order from the village of Iitate despite “unacceptable radiation risk,” following the March 2011 nuclear disaster, Greenpeace said.
- 14 July, 2017 Fishermen express fury as Fukushima plant set to release radioactive material into ocean Local residents and environmental groups have condemned a plan to release radioactive tritium from the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant into the Pacific Ocean. Officials of Tokyo Electric Power Co., the operator of the plant, say tritium poses little risk to human health and is quickly […]
- 21 May, 2017 Swiss vote for gradual nuclear phaseout, energy makeover A full 58.2 percent of Swiss voters supported the shift, according to a final tally after Sunday's referendum, with only four of the country's 26 cantons voting "no". The move has been in the making since shortly after Japan's Fukushima nuclear plant ...
- 17 March, 2017 AP FACT CHECK: Fukushima radiation not cause for alarm in US Radiation from the Fukushima nuclear reactor disaster in Japan has reached North American shores, but — despite a number of reports shared on social media— scientists say the levels of radiation are so low that it poses no risk to public health.
- 11 March, 2017 Japan recalls tsunami, nuclear tragedy six years on Japan paused Saturday to mark six years since a deadly earthquake, tsunami and nuclear disaster devastated a wide swathe of its northeastern coast as more than 100,000 people remain unable or unwilling to return home. The massive flow of water overwhe...