The National Network of Data, still in its first phase, aims to promote online Islamic content, and encourage less dependence on the Internet; it is scheduled to be ready by August 2017.
- 17 October, 2016 Syrian rebels seize ‘doomsday’ village where Islamic State promised final battle ISIS has stated that Dabiq will be the site of an apocalypse-heralding battle between Islamic and Western forces; the village was a stronghold of the terrorist organization, and a subject of much of its propaganda.
- 29 September, 2013 Iran: Hundreds of illegal satellite dishes confiscated, run over Despite illegality, between 50%-70% of Iranian households have satellite dishes, circumnavigating censorship on some foreign media. New report documents regime's attempt to fight phenomenon
- 24 December, 2013 Iran parliament mulls changing country’s capital If proposal accepted, council would spend next two years finding best alternative location
- 23 December, 2013 Egypt: Al-Qaeda-inspired group in Sinai warns military Al-Qaeda-inspired organization called Champions of Jerusalem called on Egyptian army, police force in Sinai to desert posts or face death at hands of fighters
- 14 November, 2013 Shiites observe Ashura holy day, suicide bomber hits believers in Iraq Members of the Muslim sect engage in self cutting, flagellation, throughout middle east; worshippers killed in Iraq after targeted bombing; Nasrallah makes rare public appearance in honor of holy day