Moscow and Kiev are putting their armies on high alert after Russia says Ukrainian forces launched raids into Crimea.
- 11 August, 2016 Russia drums up tension with Ukraine over Crimea Ukraine puts troops on high alert as Moscow threatens with "additional measures" after alleged armed attack on Crimea.
- 10 August, 2016 Russia: Ukraine 'terrorist attacks' in Crimea foiled Moscow says it has also beaten back an armed assault by Kiev, which called the claims "hysterical and false".
- 7 December, 2015 Biden presses Russia on Ukraine peace deal, return of Crimea US Vice President Joe Biden said Monday that Washington remained determined to see Russia adhere to a shaky Ukrainian peace agreement and hand back Crimea to Kiev. Biden's visit is his fourth to Kiev since Russia annexed Ukraine's Black Sea peninsula in March 2014 and then watched with […]
- 19 February, 2017 U.S. embassy in Kiev critical of Moscow order on Ukrainian documentation The United States embassy in Kiev voiced concern on Sunday over Russia's decision to recognize civil registration documents issued in separatist-held areas of eastern Ukraine, saying that it threatens the Minsk peace process. The order by Russian Pres...
- 17 November, 2017 Germany, France disagree with Russia on how to deploy peacekeepers in Ukraine: Gabriel There is a substantial difference between how Germany and France envisage the possible deployment of U.N. peacekeepers in eastern Ukraine and Russia's position, German Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel told journalists on Friday. Both Kiev and Moscow ha...