Moscow and Kiev are putting their armies on high alert after Russia says Ukrainian forces launched raids into Crimea.
- 11 August, 2016 Russia drums up tension with Ukraine over Crimea Ukraine puts troops on high alert as Moscow threatens with "additional measures" after alleged armed attack on Crimea.
- 19 February, 2017 U.S. embassy in Kiev critical of Moscow order on Ukrainian documentation The United States embassy in Kiev voiced concern on Sunday over Russia's decision to recognize civil registration documents issued in separatist-held areas of eastern Ukraine, saying that it threatens the Minsk peace process. The order by Russian Pres...
- 10 August, 2016 Russia: Ukraine 'terrorist attacks' in Crimea foiled Moscow says it has also beaten back an armed assault by Kiev, which called the claims "hysterical and false".
- 7 December, 2015 Biden presses Russia on Ukraine peace deal, return of Crimea US Vice President Joe Biden said Monday that Washington remained determined to see Russia adhere to a shaky Ukrainian peace agreement and hand back Crimea to Kiev. Biden's visit is his fourth to Kiev since Russia annexed Ukraine's Black Sea peninsula in March 2014 and then watched with […]
- 6 December, 2015 Biden visits war-scarred Ukraine to reaffirm US support US Vice President Joe Biden arrives in Kiev late Sunday to reassure its pro-Western leaders that Washington remains committed to Ukraine despite stepped-up efforts to work with Russia against Islamic State jihadists. Biden's three-day visit is his fourth to Kiev since Russia annexed […]