Iraq’s prime minister says government forces and their allies will retake control of Mosul by the end of the year.
- 25 August, 2016 Syrian army and rebels agree to end Daraya siege Thousands of rebels and residents to exit Daraya in deal that cedes control of besieged suburb to government forces.
- 30 March, 2016 Can Iraq make headway against corruption? Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi is under growing pressure to put an end to rampant corruption.Powered by WPeMatico
- 5 September, 2016 Syria's war: ISIL 'driven out' from Turkey-Syria border Turkish forces and allied Syrian rebels clear area between the towns of Azaz and Jarablus, Turkey's prime minister says.
- 26 August, 2016 Syria: Evacuation of Daraya begins in deal to end siege First buses of evacuees leave besieged Damascus suburb, as rebels prepare to cede control of area to government forces.
- 19 April, 2016 Biden: 'Overwhelming frustration' with Israeli gov't WASHINGTON (AP) — Vice President Joe Biden acknowledged "overwhelming frustration" with Israel's government on Monday and said Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's administration has led Israel in the wrong direction, in an unusually sharp rebuke of America's closest ally in the […]