Political leaders and members of the public gathered near the town of Amatrice, which was hit the hardest by Wednesday’s natural disaster; at least 290 were killed in the quake.
- 23 April, 2013 Paris: Iranian assaults rabbi, son with knife Father, son attacked near synagogue after morning prayer. Police arrest Iran-born man said to be mentally unstable, looking into possibility assault was of anti-Semitic nature
- 24 August, 2016 Quake brings down buildings in Italy, at least 37 reported killed 6.2 earthquake hits mountainous area in center of country; worst towns to be hit are Accumoli, Amatrice, Posta and Arquata del Tronto; 'Three quarters of the town is not there anymore,' says mayor of Accumoli.
- 11 December, 2013 Snow hits Golan, Lebanon, Syria as Israel braces for storm Snow begins to fall in Golan as Jerusalem braces for snow storm. Meanwhile, refugee camps in Lebanon, Jordan ill-equipped for coming winter. From Beirut to Tel Aviv, rain slowly turns to snow
- 2 December, 2013 New Egyptian constitution draft limits military power New constitution promises defense minister to be chosen by army during next eight years, but nonetheless, extensive amendments adopted under Egypt's ousted Islamist president which military more privileges, being dramatically cut
- 2 December, 2013 Ex-CIA chief: Iran far too close to nuclear weapon Former NSA, CIA chief Michael Hayden says 'we don't have whole lot of good options' in regards to interim Iran deal. 'Let’s be honest with ourselves, we have accepted Iranian uranium enrichment' he adds