State funeral planned for some victims of quake that killed at least 278 as rescuers pull out of some stricken areas.
- 25 August, 2016 Italy earthquake: Rescuers race to find survivors Italian rescuers worked for the second day in a row to pull survivors from the rubble as death toll hits 250 people.
- 20 April, 2016 Ecuador earthquake: Hope fades for trapped victims More than 200 people still missing in a race against time to find earthquake victims still alive under the rubble.Powered by WPeMatico
- 12 September, 2016 Italy: Amatrice sues Charlie Hebdo over quake cartoons Legal action pursued over "inconceivably" insulting images that depict Amatrice disaster victims as pasta dishes.
- 11 September, 2016 Hopes fade for peaceful Eid in Syria as over 100 killed Bombing raids on rebel-held parts of Aleppo and Idlib come after US and Russia agree on ceasefire deal.
- 27 August, 2016 Italy holds state funeral for 35 of earthquake’s victims Political leaders and members of the public gathered near the town of Amatrice, which was hit the hardest by Wednesday’s natural disaster; at least 290 were killed in the quake.