Tropical storm Mindulle hits Greater Tokyo, leaving one dead, while Typhoon Kompasu causes one man to drown in Hokkaido.
- 22 October, 2017 Typhoon kills at least two in Japan, prompts call for thousands to evacuate By Elaine Lies and Makiko Yamazaki TOKYO (Reuters) - A typhoon roared towards Japan's main island on election day on Sunday, killing at least two people, prompting a warning for tens of thousands to evacuate and the cancellation of hundreds of flights...
- 18 October, 2015 Typhoon Koppu smashes into the Philippines Fears storm system may linger for days, causing widespread havoc as it dumps up to 1,000mm of rain on areas of Luzon.Powered by WPeMatico
- 18 September, 2016 Thousands evacuated as Typhoon Malakas clips Taiwan More damaging winds and floods as another tropical system rolls roll in from the northwest Pacific within three days.
- 22 October, 2017 Two dead as typhoon slams into Japan after election day A powerful typhoon ripped into central Japan early Monday, leaving two dead and more than 10 injured, hours after millions struggled to the polls for a national election. Authorities advised thousands living in coastal areas or near rivers to evacuate...
- 17 April, 2016 Troops called in after fresh Japan earthquake Deployment ordered after second tremor jolts southwestern island of Kyushu, leaving 32 dead and hundreds injured.Powered by WPeMatico