Writer Nahed Hattar was remanded in custody pending a police investigation on charges of “insulting religion”.
- 13 August, 2016 Jordanian writer faces arrest over offensive cartoon Writer Nahed Hattar faces arrest for sharing a cartoon on Facebook deemed deeply offensive to Muslims.
- 12 September, 2016 Italy: Amatrice sues Charlie Hebdo over quake cartoons Legal action pursued over "inconceivably" insulting images that depict Amatrice disaster victims as pasta dishes.
- 25 September, 2016 Jordanian writer shot dead outside court before trial over cartoon By Suleiman Al-Khalidi AMMAN (Reuters) - A gunman shot dead Jordanian writer Nahed Hattar on Sunday outside the court where he was to stand trial on charges of contempt of religion after sharing on social media a caricature seen as insulting Islam, witnesses and state media said. Hattar, […]
- 31 May, 2016 Egypt official accused of 'dogs and slaves' remark Cairo to investigate allegations after senior official is accused by diplomats of "insulting" sub-Saharan Africans.
- 24 November, 2011 Kuwait holds 24 over parliament storming: lawyer Kuwait on Thursday remanded in custody 24 opposition activists pending further investigation on charges they stormed the parliament building last week, their lawyer said.