NASA says space probe orbiting the “king of our solar system” has flown closer to the planet than any other spacecraft.
- 18 February, 2017 NASA’s Juno To Stay In 53-Day Jupiter Orbit The space agency dropped its plan to fire the spacecraft’s main engine, a risky maneuver that would have reduced the orbital period to 14 days for its fifth flyby of Jupiter.
- 10 March, 2017 How NASA found India's long-missing moon probe NASA just found a long-lost spacecraft orbiting the moon. The Indian Space Research Organization's (ISRO) Chandrayaan-1 probe was lost less than one year after its 2008 launch, but now, thanks to help from the U.S. space agency, it has been found again. SEE ALSO: India is […]
- 25 February, 2017 NASA mulls putting astronauts on deep space test flight The US space agency said it is considering putting astronauts on an upcoming test flight of the deep space capsule Orion as it aims to orbit the Moon. Orion is being built with an eye to one day ferrying astronauts to Earth's neighboring planet, Mars,...
- 22 February, 2017 Exoplanets 101: Looking for life beyond our Solar System Paris (AFP) - Seven Earth-like planets orbiting a small star in our Galaxy called Trappist-1, revealed Wednesday, are the most recent -- and arguably the most spectacular -- in a string of exoplanet discoveries going back 20 years.
- 15 February, 2017 Astronomers just found a piping hot ‘Super Earth’ It wasn't that long ago that finding exoplanets — that is, worlds that exist outside of our own solar system — was a rare occurrence. Those days are gone, however, and we now know that there are actually plenty of stars that host one or more planets. With that increased […]