UN-backed government forces say they have taken complete control of Ouagadougou complex, ISIL headquarters in the city.
- 11 June, 2016 Libyan forces 'retake port' in ISIL bastion of Sirte Internationally backed government says it controls both the port and the airport in ISIL's stronghold in Libya.
- 3 September, 2016 Libyan forces attack 'last ISIL positions' in Sirte At least ten fighters loyal to the government were killed and 60 wounded in Saturday's clashes in the coastal city.
- 3 May, 2016 Syria's civil war: Efforts intensify to protect Aleppo Hundreds killed in recent days as rebels and government forces battle for control of northern city and its outskirts.Powered by WPeMatico
- 29 May, 2016 Fallujah: Iraqi forces 'closing in' on ISIL-held city Iraqi defence ministry says it has isolated Fallujah and completed first phase of campaign to retake city from ISIL.
- 4 December, 2016 Women, children leave Islamic State holdout in Sirte: Libyan forces Libyan forces said at least 10 women and children left the last cluster of buildings controlled by Islamic State in the group's former stronghold of Sirte on Sunday, adding that they had edged closer to taking full control of the city. Forces led by brigades from Misrata and backed by […]