Men accused of rape are marrying their alleged victims in order to avoid prosecution.
- 6 December, 2016 Lebanon rape law: Wedding dress protesters want law abolished In Lebanon, women dressed as brides, in bandages, are calling for the abolition of a law that exonerates a rapist if he marries his victim. Rana Khoury spoke to Outside Source.
- 16 November, 2013 Singer sex scandal: Were teens being pimped out? The sex scandal all Israel is buzzing about has matured from allegations of statutory rape to suspensions of underage prostitute procuring.
- 22 July, 2013 Runaway child bride cries out against child marriage Video of 11-year-old who fled from her family so as to avoid being married off circulates online; though she had an uncle to turn to, many children have nowhere to turn, she says
- 28 June, 2012 ‘Rape-law’ triggers fury in Jordan The ordeal of a 14-year-old girl who was kidnapped and raped repeatedly for three days has infuriated Jordanians, especially when her attacker agreed to marry her to avoid going to jail.
- 17 October, 2013 Jordan law allows female rapists to marry victims, avoid sentence Controversial Jordanian law allowing rapists to evade sentence if they marry victim applies to woman convicted of raping boy, sets dangerous precedent for other cases