Men accused of rape are marrying their alleged victims in order to avoid prosecution.
- 11 April, 2018 Trump threatens Syria and Russia: Get ready, U.S. missiles will be coming ‘nice and new and ‘smart!” The Kremlin said on Wednesday it hoped all sides involved in Syria would avoid doing anything that could destabilise an already fragile situation
- 6 December, 2016 Lebanon rape law: Wedding dress protesters want law abolished In Lebanon, women dressed as brides, in bandages, are calling for the abolition of a law that exonerates a rapist if he marries his victim. Rana Khoury spoke to Outside Source.
- 12 October, 2017 India's Supreme Court Rules Sex With Child Brides Is Rape A clause had permitted men to have sex with underage wives as young as 15
- 16 November, 2013 Singer sex scandal: Were teens being pimped out? The sex scandal all Israel is buzzing about has matured from allegations of statutory rape to suspensions of underage prostitute procuring.
- 22 July, 2013 Runaway child bride cries out against child marriage Video of 11-year-old who fled from her family so as to avoid being married off circulates online; though she had an uncle to turn to, many children have nowhere to turn, she says