Men accused of rape are marrying their alleged victims in order to avoid prosecution.
- 6 December, 2016 Lebanon rape law: Wedding dress protesters want law abolished In Lebanon, women dressed as brides, in bandages, are calling for the abolition of a law that exonerates a rapist if he marries his victim. Rana Khoury spoke to Outside Source.
- 16 November, 2013 Singer sex scandal: Were teens being pimped out? The sex scandal all Israel is buzzing about has matured from allegations of statutory rape to suspensions of underage prostitute procuring.
- 22 July, 2013 Runaway child bride cries out against child marriage Video of 11-year-old who fled from her family so as to avoid being married off circulates online; though she had an uncle to turn to, many children have nowhere to turn, she says
- 28 June, 2012 ‘Rape-law’ triggers fury in Jordan The ordeal of a 14-year-old girl who was kidnapped and raped repeatedly for three days has infuriated Jordanians, especially when her attacker agreed to marry her to avoid going to jail.
- 24 April, 2017 Article 308: Jordan to scrap marriage loophole for rapists Rapists could avoid jail if they married their victim, and stayed together for at least three years.