DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Qatar’s main Hamad International Airport is adding a $10 fee for all passengers departing from the airport, including on connection flights.
- 4 August, 2017 Fire put out at 87-story residential skyscraper in Dubai DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Police in Dubai reopened the streets around one of the world's tallest residential skyscrapers after firefighters put out a blaze that erupted early Friday in the high-rise, forcing residents to evacuate in the middle of the night and sending […]
- 12 April, 2017 United to compensate people on flight when man dragged off CHICAGO (AP) — United Airlines sought to quell the uproar over a man being dragged off a plane by announcing on Tuesday that it would no longer ask police to remove passengers from full flights and would compensate customers who were on the flight when the man was removed.
- 5 June, 2017 Arab nations cut ties with Qatar, saying it backs terror DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Saudi Arabia and three Arab countries severed ties to Qatar on Monday and moved to cut off land, sea and air routes to the energy-rich nation that is home to a major U.S. military base, accusing it of supporting regional terror groups.
- 7 April, 2014 Airline passenger attempts suicide during flight DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Emirates airline crewmembers found a passenger bleeding heavily on a flight from Dubai to India after he apparently tried to commit suicide inside an airplane lavatory, the airline and Indian police said Monday.
- 29 January, 2014 Passenger stats soar at Mideast’s biggest airport DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — The operator of the Middle East's biggest airport in Dubai says its annual passenger traffic numbers have surged 15 percent to top the 60 million mark for the first time ever.