The World ORT Kadima Mada fund will be used for financing treatments for rare illnesses, medical devices, orthodontic treatments, accessible learning aids and more.
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 16 January, 2014 Ministry cancels funding for Holocaust event after learning that survivors would be charged entry fee After Ynet breaks story that Ramat Gan municipality intends to charge Holocaust survivors, Senior Citizen Ministry cancels funding for event
- 8 November, 2013 US, Israel lose UNESCO voting right in dispute US automatically loses voting right after missing deadline to repay debt to world's cultural agency; both Israel and US suspended funding in 2011 after UNESCO accepted Palestine as member
- 31 August, 2014 Gov’t votes in favor of 2% budget cut to aid south After lengthy debate, gov't moves to cut NIS 2B from all ministries' budgets to fund war, aid south; 'From whom will we take? From those who have nothing to put in their children’s sandwiches for school?' welfare minister asks.