Group accuses UK government of being in “disarray” over selling of arms to Saudi Arabia for potential use in Yemen war.
- 17 November, 2015 Amnesty queries $1.3bn US bombs deal with Saudi Arabia Rights group says some bomb types in proposed arms sale have previously been used in unlawful strikes in Yemen.Powered by WPeMatico
- 21 April, 2015 Yemen’s Houthi fighters have tough record in ground war Cairo and Riyadh said this month they were discussing a "major military maneuver" in Saudi Arabia, a sign the Saudi-led alliance bombing the Houthis may make good on threats to launch a ground push across the kingdom's southern border into Yemen. The air campaign has made little headway […]
- 28 January, 2016 UK defends Saudi arms links amid UN allegations over Yemen LONDON (AP) — Britain's political opposition says the government should stop arms exports to Saudi Arabia until it investigates United Nations claims that civilians in Yemen are being targeted by a Saudi-led coalition.
- 7 October, 2015 Saudi-led coalition accused of war crimes in Yemen Amnesty International seeks halt to arms transfers to coalition members, citing evidence of "unlawful air strikes".Powered by WPeMatico
- 14 December, 2016 Yemen conflict: US cuts arms sales to Saudi Arabia The US is to limit arms sales to Saudi Arabia amid concerns over civilian casualties, officials say.