Group accuses UK government of being in “disarray” over selling of arms to Saudi Arabia for potential use in Yemen war.
- 10 July, 2017 U.K. arms sales to Saudi Arabia ruled lawful by London’s High Court Court rejected an order to block export licences for British-made bombs, fighter jets and other munitions to Saudi-led Arab coalition fighting in Yemen's civil war
- 17 November, 2015 Amnesty queries $1.3bn US bombs deal with Saudi Arabia Rights group says some bomb types in proposed arms sale have previously been used in unlawful strikes in Yemen.Powered by WPeMatico
- 8 June, 2017 Saudi Arms Sale Hits Possible Senate Roadblock Some lawmakers are fed up with Saudi Arabia’s bombing campaign in Yemen and oppose plans to sell Riyadh more U.S.-made munitions.
- 21 April, 2015 Yemen’s Houthi fighters have tough record in ground war Cairo and Riyadh said this month they were discussing a "major military maneuver" in Saudi Arabia, a sign the Saudi-led alliance bombing the Houthis may make good on threats to launch a ground push across the kingdom's southern border into Yemen. The air campaign has made little headway […]
- 7 October, 2015 Saudi-led coalition accused of war crimes in Yemen Amnesty International seeks halt to arms transfers to coalition members, citing evidence of "unlawful air strikes".Powered by WPeMatico