Police chief says 1,900 people killed in the anti- drug war halfway through the president’s first 100 days in office.
- 31 May, 2016 Nigeria: Deaths reported at pro-Biafra rallies Police say 10 people killed during protests marking anniversary of civil war, but activists say toll was higher.
- 5 July, 2016 Dozens killed in first four days of Duterte's drug war At least 45 dead after new Philippines president pledged major operation against drugs and criminality.
- 22 September, 2016 UN urges calm amid conflicting death tolls in DRC riots Opposition says two days of violence in Kinshasa left more than 100 dead, while the police put the death toll at 32.
- 25 August, 2016 Philippines: Who's liable for the mounting death toll? President Rodrigo Duterte defends law enforcers from allegations of human rights abuses during police operations.
- 27 August, 2016 Syria war: Dozens killed while attending Aleppo funeral At least 24 killed in barrel bomb attack, bringing the death toll of Aleppo civilians in recent days to more than 60.