WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Poland has denied entry to a group of Chechens because the country is sealing its border to protect the nation and Europe against the threat of terrorism, its interior minister said Wednesday.
- 26 January, 2016 Minister: Poland will veto forced relocation of migrants WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Poland will veto any plan by the European Union that would oblige member states to accept set numbers of migrants, the nation's interior minister said Tuesday.
- 20 June, 2016 Poland to send 60 troops to Middle East on training mission WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Poland's defense minister says that his nation will send 60 troops on a training mission to the Middle East and a frigate to the Aegean Sea to help NATO control and seal off migrant routes into Europe.
- 29 December, 2015 European border guard agency sends reinforcements to Greece WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Europe's border guard agency Frontex says it is deploying 293 officers and 15 vessels to the Greek islands in response to a request from Athens for assistance in managing an "unprecedented migratory pressure."
- 23 March, 2017 Polish PM draws link between London attack and EU migrant policy Poland's prime minister drew a link on Thursday between an attack in London targeting the British parliament and the European Union's migrant policy, saying the assault vindicated Warsaw's refusal to take in refugees. Five people, including the attack...
- 28 August, 2015 Europe questions border rules after train attack, migrant moves By Alastair Macdonald BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Concerned about security threats and illegal migration, some European governments are considering amending the Schengen border code, which eliminated systematic frontier controls across much of Europe. A week ...