WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Poland has denied entry to a group of Chechens because the country is sealing its border to protect the nation and Europe against the threat of terrorism, its interior minister said Wednesday.
- 26 January, 2016 Minister: Poland will veto forced relocation of migrants WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Poland will veto any plan by the European Union that would oblige member states to accept set numbers of migrants, the nation's interior minister said Tuesday.
- 20 June, 2016 Poland to send 60 troops to Middle East on training mission WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Poland's defense minister says that his nation will send 60 troops on a training mission to the Middle East and a frigate to the Aegean Sea to help NATO control and seal off migrant routes into Europe.
- 29 December, 2015 European border guard agency sends reinforcements to Greece WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Europe's border guard agency Frontex says it is deploying 293 officers and 15 vessels to the Greek islands in response to a request from Athens for assistance in managing an "unprecedented migratory pressure."
- 9 February, 2016 Poland, courting NATO, plans to boost Middle East military involvement By Wiktor Szary and Justyna Pawlak WARSAW (Reuters) - Poland signaled on Tuesday its willingness to play a more active role in tackling the Middle East security crisis, in an apparent attempt to persuade its NATO allies in return to boost their presenc...
- 28 August, 2015 Europe questions border rules after train attack, migrant moves By Alastair Macdonald BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Concerned about security threats and illegal migration, some European governments are considering amending the Schengen border code, which eliminated systematic frontier controls across much of Europe. A week ...