BEIJING (AP) — While the global economy will dominate at this weekend's summit of the Group of 20 industrialized and emerging-market nations, politics and security issues form the backdrop to the gathering of world leaders in the eastern Chinese city of Hangzhou.
- 22 September, 2017 In wake of U.N. speech, Kim calls Trump a ‘dotard.’ Trump fires back at ‘madman.’ President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un have unleashed personal attacks on one another after the U.S. commander in chief’s speech at the United Nations. “Kim Jong Un of North Korea, who is obviously a madman who doesn’t mind starving or killing his people, […]
- 28 June, 2017 South Korean leader vows to stand with Trump on NKorea WASHINGTON (AP) — South Korea's new leader vowed Wednesday to stand firmly with President Donald Trump against North Korea, playing down his past advocacy of a softer approach toward the nuclear-armed nation as he made his first visit as president to Washington.
- 22 January, 2017 Correction: Pushing Asia’s Buttons story In a story Jan. 23 about sensitive subjects for Asian countries, The Associated Press reported erroneously that communications giant Huawei has been kept out of the U.S. market. It does sell products in the U.S.
- 16 March, 2015 U.N. expert to probe conditions of North Korean workers abroad By Stephanie Nebehay GENEVA (Reuters) - The U.N. human rights investigator for North Korea said on Monday that he would probe allegations of an estimated 20,000 North Koreans working in slave-like conditions abroad, mainly in China, Russia and the Middle East. Marzuki Darusman, U.N. […]
- 11 November, 2017 North Korean defector pleads for help to stop family being sent back and executed under Kim Jong-un A North Korean defector has made a heartbroken plea for international help to save his wife and young child from execution after they were caught trying to flee the pariah state into China. In an emotional interview with The Telegraph, Taewon Lee, 29, said he last heard from his wife and […]