Brazil allows Gunnar Bentz and Jack Conger to fly out of Rio after lying that they were robbed during the Olympics.
- 18 August, 2016 Police stop two US Olympic swimmers from leaving Brazil Gunnar Bentz and Jack Conger hauled off flight after doubts raised about a claim they were robbed at gunpoint.
- 18 August, 2016 Rio police: US Olympic swimmers were not robbed Brazilian police say four US Olympians, including Ryan Lochte, fabricated story about being robbed at gunpoint in Rio.
- 15 August, 2016 Rio 2016: US swimmer Ryan Lochte robbed at gunpoint Gold medalist Lochte was robbed on the way back to Athletes' Village by armed robbers posing as police officers.
- 8 September, 2016 Swimmer Ryan Lochte punished by US Olympic committee US swimmer is suspended from using Olympic facilities and will miss next world championship for his part in Rio scandal.
- 17 August, 2016 Brazil nabs Olympic official for 'illegal' ticket sales Patrick Hickey, president of the Olympic Council of Ireland, steps down "temporarily" after his arrest in Rio.