Moscow says use of Iran’s airbase does not violate UN resolution that prohibits supplying warplanes to Tehran.
- 15 August, 2015 Russian, Iranian foreign ministers to discuss nuclear plan, Syria Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov and his Iranian counterpart Mohammad Javad Zarif will meet on Monday to discuss the Iranian nuclear program and peace efforts in Syria, Russia's foreign ministry said on Saturday. The ministry said in a statement that the meeting would take place […]
- 4 December, 2015 Israel trained against Russian-made air defense system in Greece: sources By Dan Williams and Karolina Tagaris JERUSALEM/ATHENS (Reuters) - Israel has quietly tested ways of defeating an advanced air-defence system that Russia has deployed in the Middle East and that could limit Israel's ability to strike in Syria or Iran, military and diplomatic sources said. […]
- 4 October, 2015 Assad says Russian failure in Syria would 'destroy' Mideast Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said in comments broadcast on Sunday that the success of Russia's military intervention in his country's civil war was vital for the whole Middle East. "The alliance between Russia, Syria, Iraq and Iran must succeed or else the whole region will be […]
- 11 April, 2018 Trump threatens Syria and Russia: Get ready, U.S. missiles will be coming ‘nice and new and ‘smart!” The Kremlin said on Wednesday it hoped all sides involved in Syria would avoid doing anything that could destabilise an already fragile situation
- 22 August, 2016 Syria war: Russian raids from Iran base 'over for now' US says it is unsure whether Russia's use of the base has definitively stopped.