Moscow says use of Iran’s airbase does not violate UN resolution that prohibits supplying warplanes to Tehran.
- 15 August, 2015 Russian, Iranian foreign ministers to discuss nuclear plan, Syria Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov and his Iranian counterpart Mohammad Javad Zarif will meet on Monday to discuss the Iranian nuclear program and peace efforts in Syria, Russia's foreign ministry said on Saturday. The ministry said in a statement that the meeting would take place […]
- 4 December, 2015 Israel trained against Russian-made air defense system in Greece: sources By Dan Williams and Karolina Tagaris JERUSALEM/ATHENS (Reuters) - Israel has quietly tested ways of defeating an advanced air-defence system that Russia has deployed in the Middle East and that could limit Israel's ability to strike in Syria or Iran, military and diplomatic sources said. […]
- 4 October, 2015 Assad says Russian failure in Syria would 'destroy' Mideast Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said in comments broadcast on Sunday that the success of Russia's military intervention in his country's civil war was vital for the whole Middle East. "The alliance between Russia, Syria, Iraq and Iran must succeed or else the whole region will be […]
- 20 November, 2015 Russia to conduct naval exercises off Lebanese shore Lebanon said on Friday Russia was planning to carry out a three-day naval exercise in the Mediterranean Sea and that Lebanese authorities were working on ways to avoid disruption to civilian flights taking off from Beirut. Moscow, which is carrying out air strikes in Lebanon's neighbour […]
- 21 October, 2015 U.S., Russia sign memo to avoid clashes in air over Syria By Idrees Ali and David Alexander WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. and Russian military officials signed a memorandum of understanding on Tuesday that includes steps their pilots should take to avoid an inadvertent clash over Syria as they carry out separate air strikes against militant […]