River Gash in Kassala state burst its banks flooding entire villages inhabited by farmers and forcing thousands to flee.
- 3 June, 2016 France declares flood emergency as death toll rises Two killed in France after River Seine reaches highest water level in 35 years, while Germany reports 10 deaths.
- 18 March, 2017 Death toll rises to 72 in Peru rains, flooding, mudslides LIMA, Peru (AP) — The intense rains, overflowing rivers, mudslides and flooding being experienced in the country are the worst seen in in two decades, Peruvian authorities said Saturday, affecting more than half the nation as the death toll since the beginning of the year hits 72.
- 29 June, 2016 Tens of thousands flee fighting in South Sudan Fighting has displaced up to 70,000 amid concerns of soaring food insecurity.
- 30 July, 2017 Death toll from India's monsoon floods climbs to 213 Severe monsoon flooding has killed 213 people in western India, an official said Sunday, as rescuers continue to sift through villages devastated by torrential rains. The death toll in Gujarat state jumped from Wednesday's total of 123 as waters reced...
- 23 September, 2016 Over 160 bodies recovered from Egypt refugee shipwreck Officials say bodies of 162 people have been pulled from the Mediterranean, amid fears death toll could rise further.