River Gash in Kassala state burst its banks flooding entire villages inhabited by farmers and forcing thousands to flee.
- 3 June, 2016 France declares flood emergency as death toll rises Two killed in France after River Seine reaches highest water level in 35 years, while Germany reports 10 deaths.
- 18 September, 2017 Syrian troops battling IS cross river toward US-backed force BEIRUT (AP) — Syrian troops battling the Islamic State militant group crossed to the eastern bank of the Euphrates River in Deir el-Zour on Monday, threatening a potential faceoff with the U.S.-backed forces operating there.
- 18 March, 2017 Death toll rises to 72 in Peru rains, flooding, mudslides LIMA, Peru (AP) — The intense rains, overflowing rivers, mudslides and flooding being experienced in the country are the worst seen in in two decades, Peruvian authorities said Saturday, affecting more than half the nation as the death toll since the beginning of the year hits 72.
- 29 June, 2016 Tens of thousands flee fighting in South Sudan Fighting has displaced up to 70,000 amid concerns of soaring food insecurity.
- 9 August, 2016 Thousands flee fierce fighting in Afghanistan's Helmand About 30,000 people flee their homes sparking humanitarian crisis as fighting rages between Taliban and Afghan forces.