First buses of evacuees leave besieged Damascus suburb, as rebels prepare to cede control of area to government forces.
- 27 August, 2016 Syria: Government forces take Daraya after evacuation Government forces move into the besieged suburb after buses transfer civilians and rebel fighters out of the area.
- 25 August, 2016 Syrian army and rebels agree to end Daraya siege Thousands of rebels and residents to exit Daraya in deal that cedes control of besieged suburb to government forces.
- 18 December, 2016 Aleppo battle: Hundreds leave Syria city as evacuations resume Evacuations resume from east Aleppo, with buses and ambulances leaving rebel areas of Syrian city, UN official says
- 11 June, 2016 What hope is there for Syria's besieged? After years of siege, Daraya residents get food aid, but attacks on Damascus suburb means relief could be short-lived.
- 9 February, 2016 UN: Aleppo siege could cut off food supplies to 300,000 Hundreds of thousands in rebel-held areas under threat of full blockade as Syrian government forces advance, UN says.Powered by WPeMatico