Residents and activists in Syrian city say supplies are scarce and aerial bombardment of civilian areas is unrelenting.
- 16 April, 2016 UN: Yarmouk civilians risk starvation and dehydration Residents of Syria's Yarmouk camp faced with "desperate humanitarian" situation as armed groups battle for 10th day.Powered by WPeMatico
- 2 October, 2015 Russia accused of striking civilian targets in Syria Activists say warplanes are targeting civilians in areas under control of Western-backed rebels, a claim Russia denies.Powered by WPeMatico
- 23 October, 2016 Air strikes, fighting mark end of Aleppo ceasefire Heavy clashes erupt in several areas of Syrian city after 'humanitarian pause' announced by Russia ends.
- 16 February, 2016 Syria 'approves' aid access to besieged areas UN envoy says government wants to reach every Syrian "wherever they are and allow UN to bring humanitarian aid".Powered by WPeMatico
- 17 January, 2016 Funding shortfall compounds Syrian refugee crisis Additional $15bn needed yearly in humanitarian financing for 125 million people affected by wars and natural disasters.Powered by WPeMatico