US says it is unsure whether Russia’s use of the base has definitively stopped.
- 15 August, 2015 Russian, Iranian foreign ministers to discuss nuclear plan, Syria Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov and his Iranian counterpart Mohammad Javad Zarif will meet on Monday to discuss the Iranian nuclear program and peace efforts in Syria, Russia's foreign ministry said on Saturday. The ministry said in a statement that the meeting would take place […]
- 4 October, 2015 Assad says Russian failure in Syria would 'destroy' Mideast Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said in comments broadcast on Sunday that the success of Russia's military intervention in his country's civil war was vital for the whole Middle East. "The alliance between Russia, Syria, Iraq and Iran must succeed or else the whole region will be […]
- 23 September, 2016 Staffan de Mistura: Air raids mark a return to conflict UN envoy says Russia is "genuine" in negotiating with US and calls Syria conflict worst crisis since Second World War.
- 31 May, 2016 Syria civil war: Russia denies conducting Idlib raids Moscow refutes accusations it carried out raids that killed 50 people, including children, and damaged hospital.
- 17 August, 2016 Russia defends using Iran base for Syria air strikes Moscow says use of Iran's airbase does not violate UN resolution that prohibits supplying warplanes to Tehran.