US says it is unsure whether Russia’s use of the base has definitively stopped.
- 15 August, 2015 Russian, Iranian foreign ministers to discuss nuclear plan, Syria Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov and his Iranian counterpart Mohammad Javad Zarif will meet on Monday to discuss the Iranian nuclear program and peace efforts in Syria, Russia's foreign ministry said on Saturday. The ministry said in a statement that the meeting would take place […]
- 4 October, 2015 Assad says Russian failure in Syria would 'destroy' Mideast Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said in comments broadcast on Sunday that the success of Russia's military intervention in his country's civil war was vital for the whole Middle East. "The alliance between Russia, Syria, Iraq and Iran must succeed or else the whole region will be […]
- 23 August, 2017 Netanyahu to Putin: Israel may act to curb Iran's clout in Syria By Denis Pinchuk SOCHI, Russia (Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday that Israel was prepared to act unilaterally to prevent an expanded Iranian military presence in Syria. Russia int...
- 11 January, 2018 Russia: Drones used in Syria base attacks indicate ‘outside assistance’ Raid on two Russian bases in Syria was carried out by 13 drones that Russian premier Putin has said was staged to derail deal between Russia, Turkey and Iran
- 23 September, 2016 Staffan de Mistura: Air raids mark a return to conflict UN envoy says Russia is "genuine" in negotiating with US and calls Syria conflict worst crisis since Second World War.