Just days after fall of key district in Baghlan, Khanabad, which links Kunduz to Takhar, slips from government control.
- 21 December, 2015 Taliban gain ground in fight for Afghanistan's Helmand District falls to Taliban a day after Helmand deputy governor warned government was in danger of losing key province.Powered by WPeMatico
- 3 December, 2015 Al-Qaeda seizes key Yemeni towns from pro-Hadi forces Group consolidates grip on territory in southern Yemen as local forces call on the government to send reinforcements.Powered by WPeMatico
- 26 January, 2016 Tide turns in Syrian war with capture of key town Fall of Sheikh Maskin to government forces cuts off rebel supply routes while securing regime's hold on Deraa province.Powered by WPeMatico
- 5 August, 2017 Afghan official: Taliban seize control of key northern area KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — Taliban insurgents launched coordinated attacks form three different directions on Sayad district in northern Sari Pul province killing at least seven security forces, said a provincial official.
- 23 March, 2017 Emboldened Taliban capture key southern district Taliban fighters captured the strategic southern district of Sangin on Thursday, officials said, another setback for Afghan forces in opium-rich Helmand province ahead of the spring fighting season. The capture of Sangin, where US and British forces s...