Critics worry that new campus carry law will cause self-censorship and put students at faculty at risk.
- 4 May, 2017 Police: 2 dead in suspected murder-suicide at Texas college IRVING, Texas (AP) — Two people died Wednesday in an apparent murder-suicide at a Texas community college, prompting an active-shooter alert that instructed students and employees to barricade themselves in rooms. It was the second deadly attack on a Texas campus this week.
- 7 May, 2017 University of Texas stabbings put campus carry law to test AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — It was the nightmare scenario that had been at the heart of the debate over Texas' new law allowing concealed handguns on college campuses: a knife-wielding attacker stabbing and slashing his way through a crowd of panicked students.
- 25 October, 2017 Study: Pro-BDS faculty increase chances of campus anti-Semitism New study traces the influence of pro-BDS college faculty on anti-Jewish hostility.
- 12 October, 2017 Police: Texas Tech student questioned hours before shooting DALLAS (AP) — Lubbock police officers questioned a Texas Tech University student about a stolen gun hours before he shot and killed a campus police officer, authorities said Thursday.
- 24 February, 2016 US gun victims put manufacturers in their crosshairs Families sue firearms producer, arguing that it should not market and sell lethal military-style weapons to civilians.Powered by WPeMatico