Thae Yong Ho is the most senior North Korean diplomat to defect to the south.
- 18 August, 2016 Top Asian News 5:42 a.m. GMT TOKYO (AP) — The defection of a North Korean senior diplomat in London poses a major problem for Pyongyang on a number of fronts — not least of which is how to publicly respond. As of Thursday, Pyongyang hadn't made a public statement about the defection. But when — or […]
- 20 August, 2016 North Korea calls diplomat who defected a 'criminal' Pyongyang says Thae Yong-ho embezzled state funds, raped a minor and spied for South Korea in exchange for money.
- 1 February, 2018 Taboo North Korean flag raised in South for Olympics North Korea's national flag was raised in the South Thursday for the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, organisers said, after an exemption came into force to avoid breaching Seoul's tough national security law. The two Koreas are still technically at war a...
- 28 June, 2017 South Korean leader vows to stand with Trump on NKorea WASHINGTON (AP) — South Korea's new leader vowed Wednesday to stand firmly with President Donald Trump against North Korea, playing down his past advocacy of a softer approach toward the nuclear-armed nation as he made his first visit as president to Washington.
- 9 September, 2016 Top Asian News 3:02 a.m. GMT SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea on Friday conducted its fifth atomic test, producing its biggest-ever explosive yield, South Korean officials said after monitors detected unusual seismic activity near the North's northeastern nuclear test site. South Korea's Joint Chiefs of […]