Thae Yong Ho is the most senior North Korean diplomat to defect to the south.
- 18 August, 2016 Top Asian News 5:42 a.m. GMT TOKYO (AP) — The defection of a North Korean senior diplomat in London poses a major problem for Pyongyang on a number of fronts — not least of which is how to publicly respond. As of Thursday, Pyongyang hadn't made a public statement about the defection. But when — or […]
- 20 August, 2016 North Korea calls diplomat who defected a 'criminal' Pyongyang says Thae Yong-ho embezzled state funds, raped a minor and spied for South Korea in exchange for money.
- 9 September, 2016 Top Asian News 3:02 a.m. GMT SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea on Friday conducted its fifth atomic test, producing its biggest-ever explosive yield, South Korean officials said after monitors detected unusual seismic activity near the North's northeastern nuclear test site. South Korea's Joint Chiefs of […]
- 16 March, 2015 U.N. expert to probe conditions of North Korean workers abroad By Stephanie Nebehay GENEVA (Reuters) - The U.N. human rights investigator for North Korea said on Monday that he would probe allegations of an estimated 20,000 North Koreans working in slave-like conditions abroad, mainly in China, Russia and the Middle East. Marzuki Darusman, U.N. […]
- 3 March, 2010 North Korean Soldier Defects to South Korea