Thae Yong Ho is the most senior North Korean diplomat to defect to the south.
- 18 August, 2016 Top Asian News 5:42 a.m. GMT TOKYO (AP) — The defection of a North Korean senior diplomat in London poses a major problem for Pyongyang on a number of fronts — not least of which is how to publicly respond. As of Thursday, Pyongyang hadn't made a public statement about the defection. But when — or […]
- 20 August, 2016 North Korea calls diplomat who defected a 'criminal' Pyongyang says Thae Yong-ho embezzled state funds, raped a minor and spied for South Korea in exchange for money.
- 28 June, 2017 South Korean leader vows to stand with Trump on NKorea WASHINGTON (AP) — South Korea's new leader vowed Wednesday to stand firmly with President Donald Trump against North Korea, playing down his past advocacy of a softer approach toward the nuclear-armed nation as he made his first visit as president to Washington.
- 29 September, 2017 Now I Get It: North Korea’s quest to develop a hydrogen bomb Fiery rhetoric between the U.S. and North Korea has further motivated North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong Un, to develop and launch a nuclear weapon. North Korea has conducted six underground nuclear tests and a series of successful missile launches. North Korean foreign minister, Ri […]
- 25 September, 2017 China urges restraint amid war of words between Trump and North Korea By Ben Blanchard and Christine Kim BEIJING/SEOUL (Reuters) - China on Monday called for all sides in the North Korea missile crisis to show restraint and not "add oil to the flames" amid an exchange of increasingly bellicose rhetoric between U.S. Pres...