Thae Yong Ho is the most senior North Korean diplomat to defect to the south.
- 18 August, 2016 Top Asian News 5:42 a.m. GMT TOKYO (AP) — The defection of a North Korean senior diplomat in London poses a major problem for Pyongyang on a number of fronts — not least of which is how to publicly respond. As of Thursday, Pyongyang hadn't made a public statement about the defection. But when — or […]
- 28 June, 2017 South Korean leader vows to stand with Trump on NKorea WASHINGTON (AP) — South Korea's new leader vowed Wednesday to stand firmly with President Donald Trump against North Korea, playing down his past advocacy of a softer approach toward the nuclear-armed nation as he made his first visit as president to Washington.
- 20 August, 2016 North Korea calls diplomat who defected a 'criminal' Pyongyang says Thae Yong-ho embezzled state funds, raped a minor and spied for South Korea in exchange for money.
- 6 August, 2017 China says dialogue vital to tackle Korean peninsula crisis By Christian Shepherd and Manuel Mogato MANILA (Reuters) - China's foreign minister said on Sunday new U.N. Security Council sanctions on North Korea were the right response to a series of missile tests, but dialogue was vital to resolve a complex and...
- 9 September, 2016 Top Asian News 3:02 a.m. GMT SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea on Friday conducted its fifth atomic test, producing its biggest-ever explosive yield, South Korean officials said after monitors detected unusual seismic activity near the North's northeastern nuclear test site. South Korea's Joint Chiefs of […]