FSA fighters head towards northern Syrian city recently captured by the YPG, as the US tells all sides to stand down.
- 9 April, 2016 Syrian rebels capture key ISIL town north of Aleppo Fighters say the seizure of al-Rai is a crucial step towards taking other ISIL strongholds in Syria.Powered by WPeMatico
- 21 June, 2016 ISIL 'recaptures' areas from Syrian forces in Raqqa ISIL fighters launch counter-offensive in northern province of Raqqa, retaking large areas they recently lost.
- 9 August, 2016 Syrian rebels deny losing ground in Aleppo Rebel fighters tell Al Jazeera that they still cling on to territories taken from government forces recently.
- 5 February, 2016 Thousands head to Turkey fleeing Syrian offensive Flight from northern Aleppo province's countryside prompted by government's success in breaking through rebel defences.Powered by WPeMatico
- 24 November, 2015 France's miscalculations and impotence over Syria crisis France has been one of the strongest voices pushing for the removal of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, but the past four years have seen its strategy fail and its diplomatic weakness exposed. "At its heart, it's a story of missed opportunities," said a government source, speaking on […]