Following a shootout in the old city of Nablus between Palestinian security forces and gunmen, PA President Mahmoud Abbas issues statement and city-wide manhunt ensues.
- 8 July, 2013 Egypt army: We didn’t kill kids, images taken from Syria war After dozens of Islamist demonstrators killed by security forces at Cairo barracks where Morsi held, military spokesman says Muslim Brotherhood 'spreading lies' about incident; interim president launches investigation
- 3 August, 2013 Report: Syria strikes refugee camp in Lebanon Airstrike kills nine people, wounds nine more; rebels capture arms depot north of Damascus
- 13 October, 2013 Syrian regime holds group wedding for ‘hero’ soldiers Embattled city of Homs site of photo-op wedding for seven soldiers, soul mates, complete with white blossoms, President Assad's portrait. Syrian opposition website describes event as 'Ostentatious wedding ceremony... under shadow of massacres'
- 19 March, 2013 Chemical attack in north Syria: ‘People fell dead to the floor’ Israeli security officials believe chemical agents were in fact used near Aleppo by rebels or Assad forces. Young girl: My chest closed up. I couldn't talk. I couldn't breathe
- 17 October, 2016 Syrian rebels seize ‘doomsday’ village where Islamic State promised final battle ISIS has stated that Dabiq will be the site of an apocalypse-heralding battle between Islamic and Western forces; the village was a stronghold of the terrorist organization, and a subject of much of its propaganda.