Amnesty International calls on the US and Russia to rescue Ghina Wadi, 10, after being shot in the leg in Madaya.
- 14 August, 2016 Syrian girl evacuated for surgery after being shot Ghina Wadi was transferred from Madaya to a hospital in Damascus after she was shot by suspected pro-government fire.
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 3 June, 2016 Brazil urged to end police brutality ahead of Olympics Amnesty International urges authorities to end what it calls "a systematic use of excessive force in slums".
- 19 May, 2016 Chinese people most welcoming to refugees: Amnesty index People in China, Germany and Britain were ranked as the world's most welcoming to refugees in findings published by human rights organisation Amnesty International Thursday. Residents of Russia, Indonesia and Thailand were considered the least welcoming out of 27 countries in the […]
- 18 August, 2016 Amnesty denounces 'appalling abuse' in Syrian jails Syrian authorities are committing torture on a "massive scale" in government prisons including beatings, electric shocks, rape and psychological abuse that amount to crimes against humanity, Amnesty International said Thursday. It said the report was based on interviews with 65 torture […]