August is an unusual month for flooding around Baton Rouge and this one breaks records.
- 12 September, 2016 Louisiana struggles a month after devastating US floods Piles of debris and rubbish line streets in flood-hit neighbourhoods as repairs move at a snail's pace.
- 3 June, 2016 France declares flood emergency as death toll rises Two killed in France after River Seine reaches highest water level in 35 years, while Germany reports 10 deaths.
- 10 July, 2017 An Ill-Advised Lawsuit Against Black Lives Matter Activists Last July, Gavin Long, a black, 29-year-old former Marine, ambushed police in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, killing three officers and wounding three more before being killed. Now one of the wounded, who was rendered permanently disabled in the shooting, has...
- 7 July, 2017 Black Lives Matter leaders sued over Baton Rouge police shooting The lawsuit filed in a U.S. district court in Louisiana named DeRay McKesson and four other Black Lives Matter leaders as defendants and sought at least $75,000 in damages. On July 7, 2016, a black man angered by what he saw as deadly racial bias in U...
- 8 July, 2017 Louisiana Police Officer Sues Black Lives Matter Leaders Over Baton Rouge Shooting The officers seeks at least $75,000 in damages