August is an unusual month for flooding around Baton Rouge and this one breaks records.
- 3 June, 2016 France declares flood emergency as death toll rises Two killed in France after River Seine reaches highest water level in 35 years, while Germany reports 10 deaths.
- 12 September, 2016 Louisiana struggles a month after devastating US floods Piles of debris and rubbish line streets in flood-hit neighbourhoods as repairs move at a snail's pace.
- 20 September, 2017 Man's path from Eagle Scout to alleged killer baffles family BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — An Eagle Scout at age 18, Kenneth Gleason graduated with honors from one of Baton Rouge's most elite high schools and enrolled at Louisiana State University.
- 19 September, 2017 White Louisiana man to be charged with murder of two black men in 'possible hate crime' Police in Louisiana have arrested a 23-year-old man they plan to charge with the murder of two black men and firing at a black family. Officers in Baton Rouge detained Kenneth Gleason and led him away in handcuffs. The Associated Press said they had found a copy of a speech by Adolf […]
- 18 September, 2017 Police release man questioned over slayings of two black men in 'possibly racially motivated' crimes A man questioned about two possibly racially-motivated homicides in Baton Rouge, Louisiana has been released on bail after a drug arrest, reports say. Mr Gleason was arrested on suspicion of drug possession unrelated to the killings. Kenneth Gleason,...