President Nicolas Maduro gives ministries 48 hours to dismiss public workers who signed a petition for his recall.
- 22 September, 2016 Venezuela: No recall vote for Nicolas Maduro in 2016 Electoral authority rules that a referendum to remove President Nicolas Maduro cannot be held this year.
- 12 May, 2016 Pressure mounts on Venezuela's President Nicolas Maduro Opposition parties stage marches in effort to step up campaign to topple President Nicolas Maduro via recall referendum.
- 31 July, 2017 Venezuela showdown looms over contested new assembly Venezuela is headed for a fresh showdown as President Nicolas Maduro prepares to inaugurate a powerful new "Constituent Assembly" on Friday, with his opponents vowing massive protests and state prosecutors seeking to block him in court. Attorney Gener...
- 21 June, 2016 Maduro referendum: Venezuelans line up to back recall Amid mounting crisis, process begins of validating signatures of those backing petition for referendum to remove Maduro.
- 8 June, 2016 Anti-Maduro protests in Caracas, Venezuela Venezuela’s opposition cleared its first hurdle Tuesday in its uphill race to call a referendum on removing President Nicolas Maduro, whom it blames for driving the country to the brink of collapse. After weeks of pressuring the National Electoral Board (CNE) to allow the […]