President Nicolas Maduro gives ministries 48 hours to dismiss public workers who signed a petition for his recall.
- 22 September, 2016 Venezuela: No recall vote for Nicolas Maduro in 2016 Electoral authority rules that a referendum to remove President Nicolas Maduro cannot be held this year.
- 12 May, 2016 Pressure mounts on Venezuela's President Nicolas Maduro Opposition parties stage marches in effort to step up campaign to topple President Nicolas Maduro via recall referendum.
- 21 June, 2016 Maduro referendum: Venezuelans line up to back recall Amid mounting crisis, process begins of validating signatures of those backing petition for referendum to remove Maduro.
- 15 March, 2016 Can Venezuela opposition oust President Nicolas Maduro? Venezuelan leader says he will not be moved, despite a centre-right opposition intent on pushing him from office.Powered by WPeMatico
- 12 March, 2016 Rival protests in Venezuela amid economic crisis Opposition campaigns to oust President Nicolas Maduro while pro-government socialist group decries US "imperialism".Powered by WPeMatico