The Drakonit system will permit IDF soldiers to fire at targets up to 1.5 kilometers away without exiting their armored vehicles, providing them with greater protection.
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 11 July, 2013 5-year-old Palestinian detained by IDF Child suspected of throwing stones near Hebron detained by IDF, transferred to Palestinian Police. Father claims to have been beaten by soldiers. Watch B'Tselem's video
- 29 January, 2016 IDF’s armored vehicles to get added protection The first of the IDF's Namer armored personal carriers to have a new active defense system installed was unveiled this week, with further testing underway – at the end of which every APC will benefit from the new system.
- 3 January, 2014 IDF concerned Hezbollah could bring Israeli ports to a halt Sources with Israeli Navy say Hezbollah's possession of components of the Yakhont advanced guided-missile systems poses danger to Israel, as Yakhonts are hard to detect by radar. If used, source says, missiles could bring Israeli ports to a halt