Indian government has proposed legislation to restrict the use of surrogates in bid to stop exploitation of poor women.
- 30 April, 2016 India drought: Bihar state bans daytime cooking State forbids any cooking between 9am and 6pm in bid to prevent accidental fires that have killed dozens.Powered by WPeMatico
- 2 April, 2016 Women activists blocked from entering temple in India Despite court ruling allowing women to visit Shani Shignapur temple, angry villagers stop group from entering.Powered by WPeMatico
- 12 January, 2016 India urged to ban FGM as women break silence on secret ritual By Emma Batha LONDON (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - A group of Indian women who were subjected to female genital mutilation (FGM) as children are calling on the government to ban the ancient ritual, describing it as child abuse. FGM, which can cause se...
- 27 April, 2016 Bulgarian town bans women from wearing full-face veils Local government of Pazardzhik adopts measure to fine those from the Muslim minority who defy the ban.Powered by WPeMatico
- 30 January, 2016 US anti-Islamic bills create 'environment of fear' Proposed legislation targets Islam as anti-Muslim discrimination soars in the United States, rights groups say.Powered by WPeMatico