A new fire in drought-plagued Southern California spreads across more than 100sq kms in just two days.
- 10 May, 2016 The uncertain future of Canada's wildfire diaspora Over 80,000 Fort McMurray residents have been forced to flee their houses and nobody knows what they will come back to.Powered by WPeMatico
- 21 December, 2015 Turkey's Kurdish issue: From peace to low intensity-war The clashes between the PKK and the Turkish military have spread to urban centres, making thousands flee their homes.Powered by WPeMatico
- 2 August, 2015 Wildfire burns homes in Jerusalem suburb Rescue workers put on high alert as four planes, 30 firefighters attempt to gain control of blaze that prompted evacuation of Even Sapir.
- 9 August, 2016 Thousands flee fierce fighting in Afghanistan's Helmand About 30,000 people flee their homes sparking humanitarian crisis as fighting rages between Taliban and Afghan forces.
- 27 September, 2016 California man gets 30 years for trying to join terror group SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A Southern California man convicted of trying to become a fighter for the Islamic State terrorist group was sentenced Monday to 30 years prison.