A new fire in drought-plagued Southern California spreads across more than 100sq kms in just two days.
- 5 December, 2017 Southern California fire forces thousands to flee homes Ferocious winds in Southern California whipped up an explosive wildfire that prompted evacuation orders for nearly 8,000 homes.
- 10 May, 2016 The uncertain future of Canada's wildfire diaspora Over 80,000 Fort McMurray residents have been forced to flee their houses and nobody knows what they will come back to.Powered by WPeMatico
- 10 October, 2017 Wildfires sweeping California wine country kill at least 10 Fanned by strong winds, northern California wildfires have destroyed hundreds of homes and forced some 20,000 people to flee
- 21 December, 2015 Turkey's Kurdish issue: From peace to low intensity-war The clashes between the PKK and the Turkish military have spread to urban centres, making thousands flee their homes.Powered by WPeMatico
- 9 August, 2016 Thousands flee fierce fighting in Afghanistan's Helmand About 30,000 people flee their homes sparking humanitarian crisis as fighting rages between Taliban and Afghan forces.