Opposition party challenges result of presidential election, claiming the electoral commission colluded to rig the vote.
- 10 July, 2016 Zambia suspends election campaigning over violence Electoral commissions halts campaigning in the capital for ten days following the death of opposition supporter.
- 18 February, 2016 Rigging claims and arrest mar voting in Uganda Opposition leader briefly held just before polls closed in election expected to give President Museveni another term.Powered by WPeMatico
- 13 September, 2016 Zambia's Edgar Lungu sworn in after disputed vote Edgar Lungu inaugurated as president, after court bid by opposition leader fails to block swearing-in ceremony.
- 11 August, 2016 Large turnout in Zambia election will test ruling party Results expected to be close in presidential and parliamentary elections, which saw violence during campaign period.
- 26 October, 2015 Argentina's presidential vote 'headed for runoff' Opposition candidate Mauricio Macri takes a shock early lead over ruling party's Daniel Scioli, partial results show.Powered by WPeMatico