Zimbabwe police beat up protesters and block off the site of an opposition rally in Harare, despite High Court backing.
- 19 January, 2016 Tunisian city under curfew after unemployment rally Police fire tear gas to disperse hundreds of protesters in Kasserine, two days after unemployed man committed suicide.Powered by WPeMatico
- 10 May, 2016 Kenyans protest against electoral body Police use tear gas and water cannon to break up rally urging resignation of supervising body in run-up to 2017 vote.Powered by WPeMatico
- 7 September, 2016 Zimbabwe court overturns ban on Harare protests Judge lifts police ban, days after president accused courts of recklessness for allowing rallies that turned violent.
- 15 February, 2011 Protesters in Tehran tear-gassed Iranian police fire tear gas at thousands of opposition protesters attending a banned rally in central Tehran, and detain dozens.
- 7 December, 2009 ‘Tear gas’ at Iran protest rally Iranian police move to disperse opposition supporters in central Tehran ahead of an officially sanctioned rally, witnesses say.