Zimbabwe police beat up protesters and block off the site of an opposition rally in Harare, despite High Court backing.
- 10 May, 2016 Kenyans protest against electoral body Police use tear gas and water cannon to break up rally urging resignation of supervising body in run-up to 2017 vote.Powered by WPeMatico
- 19 January, 2016 Tunisian city under curfew after unemployment rally Police fire tear gas to disperse hundreds of protesters in Kasserine, two days after unemployed man committed suicide.Powered by WPeMatico
- 7 September, 2016 Zimbabwe court overturns ban on Harare protests Judge lifts police ban, days after president accused courts of recklessness for allowing rallies that turned violent.
- 13 October, 2015 Kosovo opposition MP released after violent protests Albin Kurti, who set off tear gas in parliament last week, was let go after hundreds of protesters clashed with police.Powered by WPeMatico
- 24 August, 2016 Anti-Mugabe protests turn violent in capital Harare Tear gas, water cannons and batons used to disperse rally in capital Harare with unconfirmed reports of injuries.