Excitement at early voting centres after activists fought law that targeted black vote “with almost surgical precision”.
- 18 January, 2018 Senate Advances Judicial Pick Hostile To Voting Rights For Black People WASHINGTON ― Despite protests by civil rights leaders, the Senate voted Thursday to advance a judicial nominee who helped draft North Carolina’s voter suppression law, defended racially discriminatory gerrymandering and may have lied to the Senate abou...
- 15 May, 2017 Supreme Court thwarts voter ID law that targeted black voters with 'almost surgical precision' The United States Supreme Court has quelled an attempt by Republicans in North Carolina to reinstate a controversial voter-identification law that a lower court said targeted African American voters with an “almost surgical precision”. The Supreme Court declined to hear the […]
- 2 March, 2016 US elections 2016: Anger over new voter ID laws People casting ballots are required to produce a government-issued photo ID, a move some say targets poor black voters.Powered by WPeMatico
- 15 May, 2017 Supreme Court rejects appeal over N.C. voter ID law WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court on Monday rejected an appeal to reinstate North Carolina's voter identification law, which a lower court said targeted African-Americans "with almost surgical precision."
- 20 February, 2016 South Carolina and Nevada vote in US primaries Republican Trump solidly ahead in S Carolina, polls say, as Democrats Clinton and Sanders go neck-and-neck in Nevada.Powered by WPeMatico