Excitement at early voting centres after activists fought law that targeted black vote “with almost surgical precision”.
- 15 May, 2017 Supreme Court thwarts voter ID law that targeted black voters with 'almost surgical precision' The United States Supreme Court has quelled an attempt by Republicans in North Carolina to reinstate a controversial voter-identification law that a lower court said targeted African American voters with an “almost surgical precision”. The Supreme Court declined to hear the […]
- 2 March, 2016 US elections 2016: Anger over new voter ID laws People casting ballots are required to produce a government-issued photo ID, a move some say targets poor black voters.Powered by WPeMatico
- 15 May, 2017 Supreme Court rejects appeal over N.C. voter ID law WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court on Monday rejected an appeal to reinstate North Carolina's voter identification law, which a lower court said targeted African-Americans "with almost surgical precision."
- 20 February, 2016 South Carolina and Nevada vote in US primaries Republican Trump solidly ahead in S Carolina, polls say, as Democrats Clinton and Sanders go neck-and-neck in Nevada.Powered by WPeMatico
- 8 November, 2015 Booths packed as Myanmar votes in historic election Around 30 million voters pick from among 6,065 candidates in country's first openly-contested polls in 25 years.Powered by WPeMatico