Army tipped off by local community in Bolivar just days after signing of new peace deal between group and government.
- 23 June, 2016 Colombia and FARC sign historic ceasefire deal Rebels agree to lay down arms after more than 50 years of conflict that left 220,000 people dead and displaced millions.
- 27 September, 2016 Colombia and FARC sign historic pact ending 52-year war Accord brings an end to Latin America's longest-running conflict, which has killed hundreds of thousands of people.
- 30 August, 2016 Is the civil war in Colombia finally over? A historic truce between the Colombian government and FARC rebels is signed after 52 years of civil war.
- 22 June, 2016 Colombia and FARC rebels announce deal on ceasefire Bilateral ceasefire marks latest attempt to bring peace to the country after a half-century of bloody conflict.
- 25 January, 2016 UN mission to monitor Colombia peace deal with FARC Security Council unanimously approves unarmed mission to observe bilateral ceasefire and cessation of hostilities.Powered by WPeMatico