The region is uncertain as the state of play between Israelis and Palestinians shifts. It seems at a loss for what might — or even should — come next.
- 18 February, 2018 Two Gaza teens killed by Israeli fire after approaching the border, Palestinian ministry says The bodies of the two were found in the morning in southern Gaza ■ Two others were wounded and taken to the hospital earlier from the same area
- 20 July, 2015 Israel Arrests 4 Palestinians in West Bank Shooting Israel said it had uncovered a network of Hamas militants suspected of involvement in the shooting that killed an Israeli man and wounded three others in the West Bank in June.
- 9 April, 2018 The source of Gaza’s woes As long as Hamas continues to rule in the Strip, there will be no relief for the population there and no respite for Israel
- 7 April, 2018 Israel to strike Hamas during Gaza protests if attempts to breach border fence continue The Israeli army will try to minimize the number of Palestinian casualties and avoid a larger conflict in Gaza, but defends the use of live fire for fears of a massive breach of the aging border fence
- 17 January, 2011 Hamas leader promises to rebuild all Gaza houses ... Hamas will rebuild all houses that were destroyed ... Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and ousted his Fatah party, leaving the Palestinian National Authority confined ...