The election of Yehya Sinwar could further isolate the Palestinian coastal enclave and portend a more aggressive stance against Israel.
- 20 July, 2015 Israel Arrests 4 Palestinians in West Bank Shooting Israel said it had uncovered a network of Hamas militants suspected of involvement in the shooting that killed an Israeli man and wounded three others in the West Bank in June.
- 25 June, 2013 Rocket Fire From Gaza Shakes Cease-Fire With Israel The clash may have been set off by a dispute between Hamas, the Islamic militant group that controls the coastal territory, and the extremist Islamic Jihad group.
- 23 July, 2014 Hamas Gambled on War as Its Woes Grew in Gaza When war between Israel and Hamas broke out two weeks ago, the Palestinian militant group was so hamstrung, politically, economically and diplomatically, that its leaders appeared to feel they had nothing to lose.
- 18 February, 2018 Two Gaza teens killed by Israeli fire after approaching the border, Palestinian ministry says The bodies of the two were found in the morning in southern Gaza ■ Two others were wounded and taken to the hospital earlier from the same area
- 21 May, 2011 Palestinians to proceed with UN recognition bid ... the leaders of the PLO and his Fatah movement later in the week before giving ... Islamic militant group Hamas, which controls Gaza. Hamas refuses to recognize Israel, and has not ...