At heated closed Likud meeting, prime minister describes Trump presidency as ‘historic opportunity,’ but says Israel should know its limits.
- 23 January, 2017 Netanyahu warns lawmakers: ‘Surprises’ for Trump could harm Israel Netanyahu touts personal relationship with U.S. president in closed meeting. Hinting at bill to annex settlement, prime minister warns against 'shooting from the hip' when U.S. administration is involved.
- 20 December, 2016 With Donald Trump, Netanyahu sees opportunity for ‘historic changes’ for Israel President-elect was serious about moving U.S. embassy to Jerusalem, Trump's national security adviser Flynn tells Mossad chief.
- 10 February, 2017 Trump: Settlement construction unhelpful to peace, Israel should act reasonably A few days before his meeting with Netanyahu, Trump doubles back on positions that sparked optimism among Israel's settlers.
- 7 December, 2016 Netanyahu tells Hollande: Cancel peace summit and I’ll meet Abbas in Paris Prime minister refuses to meet Palestinian president as part of an international Mideast peace summit, but says will agree to direct talks if the conference is called off.
- 28 January, 2017 Police suspect four more businesspeople systematically gave the Netanyahus gifts According to reports on Channel 10 and Channel 2, the interrogation of Yediot Ahronot publisher complicated things for the prime minister.