While the White House has repeatedly ducked questions about everything from Jerusalem to settlements, Netanyahu promised ‘clear’ answers from his meeting with Trump. What to expect?
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 21 February, 2017 ‘It’s never good enough’: White House says Trump ‘unbelievably forceful’ in denouncing anti-Semitism Oddly, Press Secretary Sean Spicer answers question on anti-Semitism without using the words 'anti-Semitism' or 'Jews.'
- 13 August, 2017 White House says Trump’s condemnation of Charlottesville included KKK, neo-Nazis After Trump came under fire for not naming hate groups like 'white supremacists, KKK and neo-Nazis' in his response to Charlottesville, White House attempts to clear record
- 14 February, 2017 White House: Trump expects Russia to return Crimea to Ukraine U.S. president also 'expects and wants to get along with Russia,' says spokesman Sean Spicer.
- 3 February, 2017 Israeli settlement construction ‘may not be helpful’ in reaching peace, White House says Official reportedly quoted as saying 'unilateral' expansions do 'undermine' peace efforts; Israel's UN envoy: 'We will not always agree on everything'; Netanyahu, Tillerson spoke Thursday.