Israeli intelligence shows Syrian regime used sarin ■ Says American missile strike not a game changer
- 6 April, 2017 Silent on gas attack, Assad blames Israel, blasts Trump Syria's president says after the government failed to reach 'results' with opposition groups, there's 'no option except victory.'
- 10 December, 2016 ISIS breaks into Palmyra months after losing it to Assad Militants claim to have downed a government warplane near ancient city. Syrian army says it sent reinforcement.
- 8 April, 2017 Turkey: U.S. attack on Syria ‘cosmetic’ unless it leads to ouster of Assad Iran calls for fact-finding panel to investigate the chemical weapons attack in a northern Syrian town that killed scores of people and triggered an American missile strike.
- 7 April, 2017 U.S. strikes Syria in response to Assad regime’s chemical attack in Idlib 59 Tomahawk missiles fired at Syria airbase from which chemical attack appear to have originated; Syria army: U.S. is ISIS' partner; Kremlin: Attack caused significant damage to U.S.-Russia ties.
- 7 April, 2017 Hezbollah: ‘Idiotic’ U.S. strikes on Syria serve Israel and its ‘regional ambitions’ Syrian opposition applauds strikes on Assad regime targets, but says it must not be a one-off and cannot stop Assad warplanes from striking rebel-held areas