Israeli intelligence shows Syrian regime used sarin ■ Says American missile strike not a game changer
- 6 April, 2017 Silent on gas attack, Assad blames Israel, blasts Trump Syria's president says after the government failed to reach 'results' with opposition groups, there's 'no option except victory.'
- 10 December, 2016 ISIS breaks into Palmyra months after losing it to Assad Militants claim to have downed a government warplane near ancient city. Syrian army says it sent reinforcement.
- 21 August, 2017 In blow to Iran, Egypt becomes surprise new player in Syria To Israel's delight, Cairo's involvement is already showing results
- 26 April, 2017 France intel confirms Assad used Sarin gas in Syria chemical attack Samples obtained by French intelligence show that forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar Assad 'undoubtedly' used sarin nerve gas in April 4 attack
- 8 April, 2017 Turkey: U.S. attack on Syria ‘cosmetic’ unless it leads to ouster of Assad Iran calls for fact-finding panel to investigate the chemical weapons attack in a northern Syrian town that killed scores of people and triggered an American missile strike.